any body can help plz sad smileysad smiley

Posted by Omar991 
any body can help plz sad smileysad smiley
September 29, 2014 07:30AM
Hi guys

i have a 3d design on sketchup file that i attached
and i want to convert it to STL file OR G-code file
to print it by pronterface

i try to convert the design by sketchup but still pronterface can not open it or
it convert but in different shape

can any body give the STL file Or G-code ( after converting)
that make the design in horizontal shape
to let me print it in plate the has square shape (15*15 cm)

thx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 07:32AM by Omar991.
Attachments:
open | download - Logo tiaba university.rar (99.8 KB)
Re: any body can help plz sad smileysad smiley
September 29, 2014 09:15AM
The G-code will depend on the slicer setting required by your particular printer, so it is not possible to create a g-code file for you without knowing what settings your printer needs. It sounds like you need to rotate the part to get the correct surface flat onto the bed. I am not familiar with Sketchup, but I expect it will allow you to rotate the part. If not you can export an STL and load it into Cura or another slicing program that allows you to rotate in X or Y axis (I think Slic3r only allows rotation around Z).

I cannot use your .skp file (as said, I don't use sketchup), but if you would like to post the STL that Sketchup exports, I can rotate it using OpenScad to an orientation suitable for loading into the slicing program used by Proterface (probably Slic3r).

Dave
September 29, 2014 09:31AM
There were multiple items in your .skp file. I'm guessing you want the 2D 'flat' version of it like this?:
Logotiabauniversity.stl
September 29, 2014 12:59PM
dmould
The G-code will depend on the slicer setting required by your particular printer, so it is not possible to create a g-code file for you without knowing what settings your printer needs. It sounds like you need to rotate the part to get the correct surface flat onto the bed. I am not familiar with Sketchup, but I expect it will allow you to rotate the part. If not you can export an STL and load it into Cura or another slicing program that allows you to rotate in X or Y axis (I think Slic3r only allows rotation around Z).

I cannot use your .skp file (as said, I don't use sketchup), but if you would like to post the STL that Sketchup exports, I can rotate it using OpenScad to an orientation suitable for loading into the slicing program used by Proterface (probably Slic3r).

Dave

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

that r 2 file are u requested
Attachments:
open | download - Print settings.pdf (98.6 KB)
open | download - Logo tiaba universityuntitled.rar (67.6 KB)
September 29, 2014 01:02PM
QuackingPlums
There were multiple items in your .skp file. I'm guessing you want the 2D 'flat' version of it like this?:
[attachment 41214 Logotiabauniversity.stl]

i try to open it in pronterface it shows as one small object
i want to print it in 1.5 cm high
15*15 cm length and width
September 30, 2014 03:33AM
I didn't redraw the model for you (you'll have to do that yourself) - I just exported the bit you wanted as an STL. If the dimensions are correct then you can simply scale by percentage before you slice it.

This is what this stl looks like if I load it into Repetier:

September 30, 2014 05:47AM
Omar, for sketchup I use stl4su.rb plugin. You will download it from [github.com]
Its very easy then to just export the sketchup to a stl file. You may also want to install a SolidSolver.rb plugin because SU is not very good for 3D design.
It took me quite some time to get started doing 3D printing. Let me know if you need more help.
I think youll have some fun trying to print your thing since its not one solid piece.
September 30, 2014 05:54AM
ThorsenRune
Omar, for sketchup I use stl4su.rb plugin. You will download it from [github.com]
Its very easy then to just export the sketchup to a stl file.

If you're using SketchupMake (if not, why not?) then there is a direct link to the Extension Warehouse from the Tools menu, from which you can install plugins directly without having to download ruby files from GitHub any more. There's an STL import/export pluging that was released by the Sketchup people themselves, which is what I used to create the STL above. Took less than a minute to get it installed and exported.
September 30, 2014 08:50AM
The STL you attached had errors (fixable) but contains multiple parts that will need to be split into separate printable parts. The PDF you attached is a quick reference guide of what print settings & ranges are available, it does not contain the print settings you want to use for your printer. What layer height? What material (ABS/PLA). What hotend temperature? What bed size? What nozzle diameter? etc. etc.

I'm afraid that you will first have to bite the bullet and learn at least the basics of your 3D printer and how to use your CAD software. It is not difficult, but at present you are trying to run before you have learned to walk, and are unlikely to achieve what you want without some understanding of the process even if people help by performing the necessary changes for you. Read the manuals and practice with some simple designs first, it won't take that long to learn, and you have a lot of fun in the process! It also appears from reading other posts that the CAD software you are using may not be the best choice for making 3D printable models - there are several free applications available, why not try some and see what suits you best?

Dave
September 30, 2014 09:53AM
It sounds like you need to better describe what you want. You talked about a horizontal shape but then you posted an STL that still contained the whole model. Your STL looks like this when loaded into Repetier (I don't use Pronterface but it's close enough):

Did you want the whole model or just the thing on the left? confused smiley
October 12, 2014 09:29AM
i want 2 shape

to change it in stl files to print it

i download a stl file but still i has error in sli3cer

i should summit it tomorrow sad smiley((
if any body can help or can give a site that can help me even if i pay to them money
October 13, 2014 04:36AM
Ah, it makes sense now that you've centered the text - you should have done that in your first post. grinning smiley

Seriously though, I still don't understand what it is you want. From your latest post I gather:

1. You want both models as shown above?
The one on the right will be very difficult to print even if it slices correctly - too many long bridges in whichever orientation (think molten plastic, the layers with which you are making the model and gravity) or the need for support, which will leave surface artefacts.
The one on the left will print if you separate it out and rotate it so that it sits flat on the bed - as shown in my earlier post.
In any case you should consider printing the two logos separately.

2. You want to "submit" this for some college project or something by TODAY?
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute, eh? What have you been doing in the past two weeks since I last offered to help? eye rolling smiley

Every file I uploaded in this thread has sliced fine on both OSX and Windows versions of Slic3r. If you cannot slice it then you need to describe the error in better detail.
October 13, 2014 03:47PM
i open your stl file in Slic3er but i can not got the same shape + i have error lik in pics
" class="bbcode" border="0" />

after i click ok i expoet the g code but i got the error massege

then i open prontorface and load your stl file i got this

fillaly i opened the g code that i got it from stl file ( with error) and i got this
Reply Quote
October 14, 2014 06:45AM
What part of the STL do you want to print Omar991? There are people who want to help you, but you are not answering any of our questions.
October 19, 2014 05:09PM
sorry guys
my dsl line was down for a week sad smiley sad smiley

i want to change the logo in left side of this pic
[forums.reprap.org]

to g code to print it in my printer (3d styffmaker) using sli3er
October 20, 2014 07:20AM
It is still not clear what part of the STL you want to print. It is perfectly obvious that the STL as supplied does not contain parts that are suitable for 3D printing. A 3D printer is good, but cannot print objects that are floating in thin air.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login