Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar 1.2.6

Posted by IslandBill 
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar 1.2.6
May 09, 2015 08:24PM
I've downloaded experimental 1.2.6. It crashes during the slicing process when I load any .stl file with the old, dreaded unreferenced scalar error. Version 1.1.7 was working just fine.

The console error message and my search for the 'offending' file:
############################
custsvc@IW-UB-01:/usr/bin$ ./slic3r
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x6407f70, Perl interpreter: 0x5459700 at /home/custsvc/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r.pm line 116.
custsvc@IW-UB-01:/usr/bin$ vi /home/custsvc/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r.pm ( OPENED A 'NEW FILE' -- ??? SO...)
custsvc@IW-UB-01:/usr/bin$ ls -l /home/custsvc/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r.pm
ls: cannot access /home/custsvc/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r.pm: No such file or directory
############################

I in fact did a search of my entire system for that file name and bupkus is what I got.

System info:
Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit, completely updated

Installation info:
I extracted the tgz folder into my home directory and then made a symbolic link in /usr/bin to the binary.
NOTE: There was no "do-install" binary in the tgz file ( I downloaded the 64 bit tgz binary package from Slic3r's site ).

Is this a known bug? I suppose I should try to build from source next, but if there is an easier way I'd rather do that.
Re: Attempt to free unreferenced scalar 1.2.6
May 09, 2015 08:30PM
Update:

On a whim, I just downloaded 1.2.5 and it is working without this error.
Re: Attempt to free unreferenced scalar 1.2.6
May 09, 2015 09:19PM
I could never get the 64 bit build to work at all for me. 1.2.7 from GIT, no probs, older stuff, no probs, but if I wanted to run 1.2.6, I had to use the 32 bit build, or it was nothing but a crashmatic.

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 09:19PM by tadawson.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login