Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

make Slic3r better

Posted by rich1812 
make Slic3r better
November 22, 2015 05:58PM
Hello,

I have been using Slicer for almost a year now. In a whole it is a very good software. However, one thing bugs me the most is its inability to make the custom configure file as default. Each time I open Slicer, I have to remember to reload the configure file. It just very cumbersome. It seems like a no brainer to allow the users to make their customizations the default or at least allow the users to set the path to the file in the preferences. I hope the next version of Slicer will add this simple feature.
Re: make Slic3r better
November 22, 2015 06:45PM
Slic3r saves all my custom config files (when I tell it to) and always opens the last ones used for me. Maybe you have an installation problem.

See the little stiffy disc in the upper left, next to the name of the printer config file? After you make your settings, click that and save it under whatever name you want. My printer is called Son of MegaMax, so I use "SoM". Whenever I start Slic3r, it loads that config file unless I switched to a different one the last time I used Slic3r. I store config files for my printer and printers at the makerspace.

You can also save config files for "Print Settings" and "Filament Settings" and the last one you used will open automagically the next time you start Slic3r.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2015 07:15PM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 22, 2015 08:04PM
I second that. Either you're not saving the changes or there's something wrong with your installation, possibly a permissions issue with the folder where the slic3r.ini file is stored.
November 23, 2015 07:38AM
Thanks all for the replies.
After some digging. I did find the feature on the OS X version. However, it isn't as forward as in the Windows version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2015 07:45AM by rich1812.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login