Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can slic3r auto adjust speed/acc based on angle?

Posted by friarfish 
Can slic3r auto adjust speed/acc based on angle?
January 19, 2016 06:02AM
Hey folks,
just wondering if i can configure slic3r to auto adjust acceleration based on angle
of change or is that something it already does?

Andrew
Re: Can slic3r auto adjust speed/acc based on angle?
January 19, 2016 07:57AM
Slic3r does not control acceleration at all, that's done by your printer's controller firmware. Setting an acceleration parameter in Slic3r simply results in Slic3r outputting the relevant G code (M202 or M204) to your printer to tell the controller what values to apply, though usually this will be a fixed value and not need to change from print to print. The acceleration limit applies to each axis separately, so there is no need to change it when the angle changes because the printer controller should automatically change the print speed in such a way that the acceleration/deceleration limit is not exceeded for any axis. While it is often necessary to change the print speed, the only reason I can think why you would need to change the acceleration is for a tall thin print on a bed that moves in X and/or Y, which may require lower acceleration limits to stop it wobbling (though it would be safer to provide side supports along the axis of movement in that case).

Dave
Re: Can slic3r auto adjust speed/acc based on angle?
January 19, 2016 12:20PM
One feature that might be useful is in Print Settings, Speed, Acceleration Control.

You can set a higher acceleration in firmware, then set that as your default in Slic3r - and a lower acceleration for perimeters.

So infill and other features will still print fast, and ringing artifacts in the perimeters can be reduced.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login