Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Prusa Edition

Posted by doodady 
Slic3r Prusa Edition
January 02, 2017 07:13AM
Currently using the Prusa Edition of Slic3r that was released in late November but still having difficulties with perfecting my prints. Most of my problems is overhangs. There are places where Slic3r seems to print a perimeter in open air with nothing to support it. I am on the edge of slamming $$ at Simplify3d but I wanted to give the Prusa Edition a chance before giving it up.

Anyone out there with Prusa Edition experience?
Re: Slic3r Prusa Edition
January 02, 2017 12:51PM
Uncheck "External Perimeters First"
January 02, 2017 01:20PM
Thanks for the tip! will take a swing at it this afternoon. Honestly I can get around Slic3r pretty well and I don't want to through good money away. Maybe a little more time and I can get this edition to meet my needs
January 02, 2017 04:48PM
Or try cura slicer
January 02, 2017 05:06PM
Do you have support enabled or not? If not, then it is not the slicers fault, when it has to print in mid air. Sometimes it is unavoidable.
January 02, 2017 09:02PM
o_lampe
Do you have support enabled or not? If not, then it is not the slicers fault, when it has to print in mid air. Sometimes it is unavoidable.

I was trying to print this without supports. it seems it should be possible. if the overhang is enough less than 90 degrees it should have an edge to build on from the previous layer. I know there are limitations but seems it should be possible.

January 02, 2017 09:04PM
obewan
Or try cura slicer

Already did that.....smiling bouncing smiley

January 03, 2017 04:59AM
There are many tricks to improve overhangs.
Lower the temp and reduce layer height. Use a part cooling fan at 100%
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login