Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slic3r 0.9.1 walls and tops

Posted by dissidence 
slic3r 0.9.1 walls and tops
August 19, 2012 05:57PM
i have a problem i have not seen yet, and i am not sure what setting to change exactly on all my outside walls and tops the extruded parts never seem to touch any more, so what is the best way of trying to figure out what setting to change in slic3r.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: slic3r 0.9.1 walls and tops
August 19, 2012 06:12PM
If it's not touching on all sides print a single wall test and compare your measured width to the one slic3r is expecting.
If it's one or two sides it's more likely backlash in the axis, tighten your belts.
August 19, 2012 06:15PM
its only done it with this new version and to me it looks like its not extruding enough. slicer has never given me prints that are just like skeinforge

that or i some how managed to compensate for it in skeinforge without knowing what i did.

i know i had a skipping issue a few weeks ago, but that's now fixed.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
August 19, 2012 06:46PM
There certainly could be a bug in 0.91, I haven't used it, but if you do the single wall test, you at least know if it's the paths or just not enough plastic.
The big difference people see on simple prints between Slic3r and Skeinforge is most people use relatively small W/T ratios in Skeinforge, and slic3rs default calculation tends to pick very large ones >>2.0.
You can of course explicitly set it in Slic3r, but a lot of people don't.
August 20, 2012 09:56PM
0.9.1 uses the new flow math and may require re-calibrating the extrusion multiplier or E-steps.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
September 05, 2012 01:34PM
In the link you will find the guide written by me and Lorenzo Cantini of Kent’s strapper for Slic3r.

[www.ivanbortolin.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 04:38PM by Ivan Bortolin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login