Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 0.9.3 interior perimeters too small

Posted by Dirty Steve 
Slic3r 0.9.3 interior perimeters too small
October 06, 2012 10:54AM
I'm seeing during printing that infills are not correctly overlapping interior perimiters/holes. In the final print, extenal perimeters are correct, with internal perimeters about 92% scale. Worked for awhile getting infill perfect but could not get correct overlap to interior perimeters. Correct internal perimeters would correct the infill overlap.

Z height is out too at about 85% of stl height. I can see that Z is out in the final print because there is excessive material 'squish' in the top layer.

It's not my machine, X/Y/Z steps are correctly calibrated with a dial indicator, and extruder steps are correct.

Anyone else getting this in 0.9.3?

Getting accurate dimensions when slicing with 0.7.2b.

It's getting old, wasting time and material on new Slic3r releases.......reguardless of it being free/share ware.

I would think dimensional accuracy would be on the top of most people list, it is on mine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 11:32AM by Dirty Steve.
Re: Slic3r 0.9.3 interior perimeters too small
October 06, 2012 01:04PM
You should be able to verify the Z issue just by looking at the GCode, look at the final height it requests and see if it corresponds to the STL file.
If there is an issue report it on GitHub because Sound doesn't often read this forum.
My current policy with Slic3r is to wait and see what other people report, it seems to have been going through some teething issues as of late.
October 06, 2012 01:32PM
This isn't a rant, Slic3r is the only program I have been able to feel comfortable with, its great.. but whats been killing me is I'm new to all this and until recently I didn't know the newer versions were having these issues (I was under the impression it got fixed in 8.3, stupid me, I know). This has made learning/tuning very difficult, lol.
October 24, 2012 04:52AM
Dirty Steve, can you please attach your G-code file showing the issue?

If no proof is provided, I can only assume the issue does not exist.
October 24, 2012 09:11PM
ok, the Z height issue was a nozzle blow out, but I am not imagining gaps between infill and perimeters, or internal holes being too small, plenty of other post about these issues.

When I run a 20x20 cube thru slic3r 0.9.3, the y axis top edge of the cube gcode is 96.825, with extrusion width set at .25mm. Bed center is x75 y87. Y87 + 10mm -(1/2 extrusion width)=96.875, which is what Skeinforge outputs, and is correct. X is off the same amount.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2012 09:21PM by Dirty Steve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login