Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slic3r-console.exe command line problem

Posted by shaqiu 
slic3r-console.exe command line problem
October 08, 2012 06:21AM
I used replicatorG windows version and simply downloaded the pre-build slic3r as the slice engine.
The combination works well till the version 0.9.1. But when the ver 0.9.2 is out. I got the following error

Can't locate object method "add_object_from_file" via package "Slic3r:tongue sticking out smileyrint" at
d:/ReplicatorG/replicatorg-0039/skein_engines/slic3r_engines/windows/lib/std/cavaexecscript/slic3r-console.pl line 86.

I have try to run the slic3r-console.exe directly on cmd line window and got the similiar error with any file parameters.
The version 0.9.3 have the same problem. Does anyone know what's happened here?

Add:

Just simply input "slic3r-console model.stl" in cmd line window and it dosen't work ( ver 0.9.1 works perfectly)
Anyone have a successful running of new version slic3r-console.exe? BTW, I used win-32 bit version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 09:21PM by shaqiu.
Re: slic3r-console.exe command line problem
October 18, 2012 12:12PM
I'm getting the exact same thing. I HAVE found that running the slic3r.exe file with arguments WILL slice the file without bringing up the GUI. However it does it silently in the background. You get your prompt back right away and several seconds/minutes later your file appears. No information on status, and - worse - no information on errors. It will not slice a file with my own configuration unless I have that config.ini file in my current directory. I'd love to find out why this is, but there is no error output.
Re: slic3r-console.exe command line problem
November 12, 2012 08:28AM
Try the 0.9.5 version and same thing happens. I suppose it is something related with codepage. I am running a non-english windows.

Could any one please help us to solve the problem? thanks in advance!
I've tested with versions: 0.9.1, 0.9.2, 0.9.3, 0.9.4 and 0.9.5.... It's working just on 0.9.1! sad smiley
Somebody knows how to solve this?
Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login