Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple PID Tunings

Posted by marnargulus 
Multiple PID Tunings
October 14, 2012 02:57PM
OK, so here is a script that will change your PID on the fly between settings with the fan on and the fan off. I can make it so it uses more tunings if people want that (say a tuning for 0%Fan, 25% Fan, 50% Fan, 75%Fan, 100%Fan). Right now I have it set for two tunings, On/Off.

The script is called with the following, and outputs to "MultiplePID.gcode"

perl "/pathtoscript/MultiplePID.pl" "/pathToGcode/Input.gcode"

I can make it cleaner if people decide it is worth while, but I'm not really a Perl guy so until I get some input on if this is helpful to others I'm not going to stress myself.

Basically all this script does is search for M106/M107 and switches the M302 PID variables based on the fan being on or off. I can add more logic to search for M106 S*** for more PID tunings if needed.
Attachments:
open | download - MultiplePID.pl (642 bytes)
Re: Multiple PID Tunings
October 15, 2012 02:06AM
Hi,
I think the idea is good but actually the PID tuning would need to be done while extruding at your actual flowrate..
The flowing filament acts as a better coolant then a fan actually. So that input is totally neglected atm..

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
Re: Multiple PID Tunings
October 15, 2012 05:44PM
How you get your secondary PID tunings doesn't matter (with filament, fan, heated chamber, vents, etc), this just switches between the two settings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login