Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 0.9.4 Released

Posted by crispy1 
Slic3r 0.9.4 Released
November 06, 2012 01:23PM
Slic3r version 0.9.4 has been released.

Release notes: [slic3r.org]

Reading the release notes, this version has a lot of bug fixes and nice new features - variable bead width to infill small gaps and independent top/bottom layers are two that jump out at me.
Re: Slic3r 0.9.4 Released
November 07, 2012 07:53PM
Expect that after switching to 94 then 95, my first layers don't print well at all. I reverted to 93 and everything is good again. I think think this version may need to cook a bit more. I love Slic3r. But this release may not be done yet.
Re: Slic3r 0.9.4 Released
November 07, 2012 11:45PM
I found that v0.9.4 generated a file 19 MB in size compared to SF's 1.6 MB. The PC running the printer was trying to pass that many gcode lines to the printer that the printer kept slowing down and speeding up. I was trying to print what was basically a tube. When printing 2 hollow boxes (thin wall test) it joined them together with 1 thicker wall.

I have also found that all my thin wall tests fail in that they have thinner walls than expected (I set the thickness manually) unless the extrusion multplier is set to 1.5 or so but printing anyother object with the extrusion multiplier set like this results in grossy to much material being extruded. This susgests that my E values are in fact correct (they have been checked a number of times after making changes - such as replacing/modifying the hobbed bolt). It's almost like the extruder needs to run at or higher than some minimum speed or it starts to slow down/stall - how you would expect a DC motor to behave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login