Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need a .ini file

Posted by LineKernel 
need a .ini file
November 11, 2012 12:14PM
Hi
i am using Slic3r 0.9.3 and i am about to upgrade to 0.9.5
i have the setup where slic3r is running with Pronterface , for my recently acquired printrbot
i am still in the process of understanding everything

the problem i have with slic3r is that i can t save my .ini file from slic3r
i have to open it in a text editor , save my changes , and close proterface for the changes to take effect

i got the first .ini file from slic3r 0.7 , the one that came with pronterface
so as long as it is working , i am ok
the only thing is ,i have to find and write every single variable by hand , with its value
it is working , except for the variables names i can t find (sometimes they are different from the name in the software)

so , could somebody send me a .ini file with all the variables in it please

cheers
Re: need a .ini file
November 11, 2012 10:20PM
After modifying the settings click on the disc (save) and give the config file a name for each section (Print Settings, Filament Settings and Printer Settings - I use the same name for all) then File/Export Config. For any reason Export Config works as Save in Slic3r. Next times when you load Slic3r go to File/Load Config and overwrite the default one to be sure you use the last you created.
November 12, 2012 03:33AM
ok , huge thanks , i am goint to give it a try right now and let you know
thanks Abalota
November 12, 2012 03:54AM
i think i got it to work
(i still have no idea how to do 3 different files , but for now , not a problem )

but to be sure , whatever i modify , i should no trust the little save/disk icon , and systematically save with the file-exportconfig menu and overwrite ?
November 30, 2012 02:04AM
Hai Sir,

I am using slic3r 0.9.7 in that i am getting error while using slic3r-console(Cant locate object method "add_object_from_file" via package "slic3r:print" at C:\slic3r-mswin-x86-0-9-7\Slic3r\lib\std\cavaexcscript\slic3r-console.pl line 86.)but slic0.7 works fine for me.
Whats reason for this.
November 30, 2012 01:22PM
just make your slic3r setup , and go to menu FILE and select EXPORT CONFIG

export your config to a new file , and setup this file in pronterface

i think it should work
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login