Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible Bug: 0.9.5 not filling in bottom

Posted by geoffd 
Possible Bug: 0.9.5 not filling in bottom
November 15, 2012 05:21PM
I am trying to print the Vertical Prusa X-Axis from Thingiverse and Slic3r is not filling in the bottom 2 layers correctly, it is also not producing lines that extend to circles.

It is calibrated correctly as a 0.5mm thin walled object is coming out at 0.57 - 0.6 which a) is fairly close, b) larger than required so the interline spacing should be less.

You can see in the attached photo that the solid fill on the the first 2 layers is not solid, the perimeters does not meet the infill and the infil does not meet the circles.

Which parameters should I play with to reduce this, or is it a bug?

Cheers
Geoff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 05:30PM by geoffd.
Attachments:
open | download - vx_idlers.jpg (42.2 KB)
Re: Possible Bug: 0.9.5 not filling in bottom
November 15, 2012 05:52PM
While 0.9.5 has issues with 'some' filling, I have not seen the issue you show. Mine fills in the layers perfectly on the bottom 3.

Maybe you should post your INI file and STL so we can see what's wrong. My first guess would be you have the nozzle diameter or filament diameter set wrong.
Re: Possible Bug: 0.9.5 not filling in bottom
November 15, 2012 06:48PM
When you print the 0.5mm test piece you need to compare the measured value to the value in the comments at the top of the GCode produced, not to 0.5.
The actual value will be dependent on the nozzle size and layer height you have selected, it used to be 0.7 ish for a 0.5mm nozzle with 0.3mm layer height, but I haven't used Slic3r in earnest since 0.72b.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login