Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 0.9.3, No Complete Fill on Next-to-Bottom Layer

Posted by Karmavore 
Slic3r 0.9.3, No Complete Fill on Next-to-Bottom Layer
November 20, 2012 11:36PM
Hello All,

I'm wondering if the problem described here is one of my own causing, or something that the good Slic3r folks should look into.

I'm printing a rail track, and I've attached a photo of the second layer. The print starts with three curved "areas" on the bed. The larger, middle area has been filled in great. However, the two slim tracks off to the side are not getting the 100% fill that I'm expecting for the first three layers. Rather, they appear to be getting the 20% fill I specified for the higher layers of the print. I do get three layers of 100% fill for everything on the first layer.

This may be the crux of the issue, be it me or the software: I only get this odd behavior when I try to include a brim with the print. Without a brim, I get three 100% filled layers for all three areas.

Thanks for any info you can provide, and if you'd like more from me, just ask. I owe you developers, big time. smiling smiley

Brad

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 11:41PM by Karmavore.
Attachments:
open | download - track second layer.png (16.1 KB)
open | download - bend_half.stl (156.7 KB)
open | download - bend_half.gcode.zip (372 KB)
Re: Slic3r 0.9.3, No Complete Fill on Next-to-Bottom Layer
November 22, 2012 12:25AM
I would try version 0.7.2b it's known to have the most stable infill. It's not as polished a version but seems to be the most stable and especially for infill issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login