Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print two objects one after the other

Posted by charlyoleg 
print two objects one after the other
December 14, 2012 11:54AM
I'd like printing several small parts in one batch but to avoid drips I want to print the first part completely and then start the second part. So the printing quality is the same as if I had printed the two parts separately.
The slic3r option Print settings -> Output options -> Sequential printting -> Complete individual objects sounds good for that. But when I check the instruction sequences with pronterface, it looks like the two parts are going to be printed in parallel.
Is it possible to generate the code with slic3r 0.9.7 to print two objects one after the other?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2012 11:56AM by charlyoleg.
Re: print two objects one after the other
December 14, 2012 11:55AM
Is it possible to generate the code with slic3r 0.9.7 to print two objects one after the other?
December 14, 2012 02:10PM
I'd have thought you would have to print in parallel otherwise you're risking head crashes on the first part while printing the second (unless you remove it from the bed ofc in which case you might as well load the second file while you're waiting for bed to cool to remove the first) ...or have I misunderstood what you're trying to do?
December 14, 2012 07:43PM
Couldn't you just add one g-code set onto the end of one. This way it will print the first g-code and then home the axes again and print from the base with the next g-code?
December 14, 2012 09:45PM
Your head or carriage would likely crash into the first print.
December 17, 2012 05:18AM
Print the two parts in parallel has the advantage not being worried about the extruder crash.
But print two parts one after the other has the advantage to avoid drips that are created when the extruder navigates from one part to the other.
If the g-code could handle printing two parts one after the other, it would let people make batch of small parts. This reduce the global amount of manipulations. To avoid extruder crash, we must rely on the extruder space margin settings and one the positions of the parts on the bed.
December 31, 2012 08:03AM
That's exactly the purpose of the sequential printing feature.
Go to Print Settings, then open Output options, then enable the Complete individual objects option. The plater will preview and prevent collisions if any.
September 27, 2013 04:44PM
I'm running the current version of Slic3r and ran into this same problem. We just need to print several instances of the same form, only a quarter inch tall and plenty of space between them, but we lose detail ridges when it has to go from one form to the next; we need it to completely print one form, then begin the next, just like the hint bubble says the "Complete Individual Objects" describes. If nothing else, the hint bubble should at least be fixed to reflect what it is really doing, which is completing one layer on a form before going to the next form.
October 09, 2013 03:26PM
[manual.slic3r.org] has what you want, but I haven't tried it and what it sounds like you are saying is that it has no impact when you check the box.
October 14, 2013 02:43PM
Actually, it does make a difference; unchecked, it will skip from place to place (part to part) printing the current layer for all of the parts, whereas checked, it will fully print a layer on one part before going to the next part. A better description would be "complete the current layer on a part before proceeding to the next part".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login