Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridge perimeter speed

Posted by printman 
Bridge perimeter speed
January 10, 2013 06:41PM
Hi!

I've tried to print small bridge (just 2 cubes with another lying on them). I set bridge speed to 200 mm/s (perimeters to 30 mm/s) in Slic3r 0.9.7. I would expect that all lines in the air are printed in 200 mm/s, but perimeters are printed slowly, perhaps in 30 mm/s (I can't say if it is perimeter speed). The first two lines of bridge perimeter fall down and several next lines printed in 200 mm/s are ok - straight.

How I can set perimeter speed for bridges please?

Thanks...
Re: Bridge perimeter speed
November 12, 2013 12:43PM
anyone an answere? have the same problem here ...
November 12, 2013 07:17PM
Do you have cooling turned on? That can slow it down.

Not sure about your printer but faster is not always better for bridges. My machine does it's best bridging at around 80mm/s
November 12, 2013 08:40PM
I don't think you can change perimeter speed for bridges. Slic3r treats perimeters for what they are - perimeters.
Strange thing is, I found on one test job that the two (bridged) perimeters were perfectly straight with no sagging. but the real bridging after that was a bit droopy. On closer observation, I noticed that when the (bridged) perimeters were made, the filament was stretched from the far left end of the model to the far right of the model - which is correct but the actual bridging itself started from the inside edge of the gap on the left to the inside edge of the gap on the right. This quite definitely leads to sagging of the filament and it would be nice if Slic3r didn't do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 08:50PM by waitaki.

November 13, 2013 12:27AM
hi
i found a bug report for slic3r that say that perimeters are printed as bridges if needed
but only in comming version 0.9.11

greetings smuk
November 13, 2013 06:38PM
Well that's what we don't want if my observations are anything to go by.

Click here to login