Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

0.9.8 acceleration control?

Posted by g00bd0g 
0.9.8 acceleration control?
January 19, 2013 01:08AM
Can anyone further explain "acceleration control (advanced setting) to control behavior for perimeters and infill"?

Thanks!
Re: 0.9.8 acceleration control?
January 27, 2013 10:44PM
I would be interested in this myself. Details are a tad sketchy.
January 29, 2013 10:26PM
When printing at extremely high speeds and accels, you can turn down the speed for the final outer perimeter to improve part appearance.
January 30, 2013 12:41AM
crispy1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When printing at extremely high speeds and accels,
> you can turn down the speed for the final outer
> perimeter to improve part appearance.

I think you may have this backwards. Smoother outer walls are a result of faster acceleration. When you slow it down you get bumps at the vertices and ends of the paths.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 30, 2013 03:54AM
I "think" this is the same function as what's in the Marlin Firmware. So I assume you use this if your firmware does not support acceleration. I assume interesting things would happen if they were both on. But darned if I know, I can't find a lick of official documentation aside from the original statement I included above.
January 31, 2013 01:54PM
Slic3r just emits some M204 codes to configure Marlin with the values you provide. This basically overrides Marlin defaults, and lets you do it for each path category separately (perimeters vs. infill).

The "Default acceleration" value is just the value that Marlin is reset to after the perimeter/infill-specific value was used. This is because there's no M-code for resetting Marlin to the factory default, so Slic3r needs to know the value explicitely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login