Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

0.9.8 is damaged when trying to open Mac OSX version

Posted by MotoBarsteward 
0.9.8 is damaged when trying to open Mac OSX version
January 25, 2013 12:45PM
I download the 0.9.8 .dmg file. Double click it and drag the slicer icon to my applications. When I open the applications and click the Slic3r app, it fails to open. The message reported is "Slic3r is damaged and can't be opened. You should remove it to the trash". I've tried downloading and installing a couple of times with no success. Anyone else had this problem?

EDIT:

OK. Just tried to re-install 0.9.5, the last version I installed and that does the same thing. It won't open saying "Slic3r is damaged". However, if I enter time machine and restore from backup, it get a perfectly working 0.9.5.

The one thing I have done since last installing (0.9.5) is to upgrade OSX from 10.7 to 10.8.

I don't want to raise a bug report on github as I'm pretty convinced it's an issue with my mac rather than slic3r.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 12:57PM by MotoBarsteward.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
thumbs upRe: 0.9.8 is damaged when trying to open Mac OSX version
January 25, 2013 01:04PM
Aaaaarrrrggghhh! And the award for most meaningless error message goes to.....

... Apple for the error message given when a app is run that is not signed by Apple or one of their developers!

File is damaged

You need to change your security and privacy settings to allow Apps downloaded from anywhere to run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 01:04PM by MotoBarsteward.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Re: 0.9.8 is damaged when trying to open Mac OSX version
January 31, 2013 02:11PM
Eh, that's tracked in [github.com] among the gazillions of things to do winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login