Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Missing parts/parts not slicing correctly

Posted by Archimedes 
Problems with Missing parts/parts not slicing correctly
February 07, 2013 01:46AM
Hello all,

I have run across several objects that do not slice correctly. I was wondering if this was known. I browsed the forums, but nothing jumped out at me. I have pushed the parts into .7.2b, and they seem to come out correct. I have tried netfabb'ing them, but to no avail. I will post pictures tomorrow and links to the files, in case anyone else wants to verify. any help on this would be much appreciated.
Re: Problems with Missing parts/parts not slicing correctly
February 19, 2013 05:48AM
What is your error message anyway?

Maybe we have the same issue, I get this:
"The model has overlapping or self-intersecting facets. I tried to repair it, however you might want to check the results of repair the input file and retry."

I then go ahead print it and found the holes (4 of it) were not perfectly round, but the upper part just made flat. So its like just 75% round holes. I tried another slicer and do not have the issue.
February 26, 2013 01:54PM
I've had similar issues with horizontal holes coming out flattened, top or bottom or both, and I've gotten the "intersecting facets" error. I reduced my layer height from .25 to .15 and the holes sliced and printed properly. If I get the error I can sometimes re-slice it and it'll go away, otherwise I have to run it through a CAD program and resave the STL.

I'm using Repetier Host and Slic3r. Someday, I'll try working my way through the Skeinforge settings and see if it's any better, but it's so complex. I like to finish my design and print it without all that other stuff to worry about.
February 27, 2013 05:48AM
I always use Nettfab when I get that error
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login