Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Slic3r .ini file not saving

Posted by EL34 
Problems with Slic3r .ini file not saving
March 01, 2013 08:51AM
Hi all,
I DL'd slic3r last week to a shared network hard drive and ran it from there. slic3r saved it's .ini file on that hard drive.
Somehow I deleted the slic3r folder on that network hard drive and so I dl'd slic3r again yesterday.
This time I dl'd it to my local C: hard drive and ran it from there.

Slic3r kept pulling up the old .ini file data even though it is not on that network hard drive any more. So I tried deleting the configs and saving a new .ini file but slic3r would not save the changes. It would just repoplulate the text boxes with the old .ini file data. Finally I gave up and moved slic3r to the same location it was on that network hard drive. I ran the program and it worked fine again. I could save .ini file changes again.

My question is, where is slic3r finding the old .ini file data if the files don't exist on that network hard drive? I scanned the windows registry for slic3r but didn't see anything that would point to that location.
I want to move slic3r back to my local C: drive and run it from there but I can't because I won't be able to save new .ini file settings

I am scratching my head on this one.
Thanks for any help

I am running slic3r on windows 7
Re: Problems with Slic3r .ini file not saving
March 01, 2013 12:18PM
Take a look here.
replace username with your login name.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r
Re: Problems with Slic3r .ini file not saving
March 01, 2013 12:21PM
Haaaaa!
awesome and thanks!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login