Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Slic3r 0.9.10b

Posted by twisted 
New Slic3r 0.9.10b
June 15, 2013 07:19PM
Just in case you didn't notice.....

[slic3r.org]

Hopefully I'll get to play with it in the morning.
Re: New Slic3r 0.9.10b
June 16, 2013 02:59PM
I can not get the temperature to work with dual extruder.
When I generating the gcode I get this first:
M104 S235 T0
M104 S250 T1

The first is right, but the second is wrong. It should be M104 S230 T1

When I use tool change gcode it will use s250 as well.

I have setup to filaments, but it look like the second is ignored when using dual

Also it seems that the temperature for other layers is not working.

P.S I use MakerWare(Makerbot) settings.
June 16, 2013 05:16PM
Of course the new spiral vase mode causes all of the gcode viewers to have kittens.

Can't wait to try it out though!
June 16, 2013 07:09PM
I tried the vase mode on the twisted heart vase (Here).
For the most part it worked great. However, it paused very briefly at a certain point in each perimeter, creating a visual seam. It didn't change z level at that point, it just paused for significantly less than a second. It's odd that the point followed the twist in the pattern. That makes me think it is something in the model and not in the slicing.

The spiral is also inherently limited to one perimeter thickness, unfortunately.

But it's a cool new feature to explore! Alessandro, thank you.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0625sm.JPG (269.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_0631sm.JPG (165.5 KB)
June 16, 2013 11:47PM
I was switching between my printers, one of which had dual extruders set up, and this happened - two side by side settings stayed up no matter what printer I was on.

[www.matter-replicator.com]
June 17, 2013 04:34PM
I tried the spiral option for my first ever vase print and as far as I can tell it looks pretty good.

Layer 0.25mm

sorry for the poor picture, phone is the only option atm.
Attachments:
open | download - vase.jpg (132.3 KB)
June 17, 2013 04:49PM
Just saw it had been released on the website will d/l it tomorrow smiling smiley

Ben
June 18, 2013 05:59AM
I've tested new Slic3r release yesterday. I had oposted elsewhere my results, but here they are:
- spiral vase mode is a very cool feature obviously limited to 1 layer wall but working very well. It is interesting to note that it works even with objects including two areas combining in one single (for example the "lady" starting on her two legs before combining in her body). Once Z reaches the single body part, the z motion is continuous. So cool !

- very intersting also is the "wipe" feature for bowden extruders. It works like a charm. My hot end has a tendancy to let drops and filaments between two regions which gives some hairy areas... I just selected the "wipe" option, with no other modification at the level of retraction and the result between the legs of the lady is quite good. When looking carefully the wiped area one can see a very light change in the color of applied PLA when the hot end wipes back sucking the last drop ... but, in my opinion, this is quite perfect.
On the movie, you can see a weird phenomenom, wipe on one leg is much faster than on the other one. i have not understood why ?

here is the movie: [www.youtube.com]

Alain
June 18, 2013 01:10PM
WIpe may help for Nylon.

[www.matter-replicator.com]
June 23, 2013 10:06AM
I've just understood that the "z lift" option should be removed when using the "wipe" option in Slic3r.
Here is the result when printing the julia vase #2

a video is here: [youtu.be]

as you can see, there are very very few hairs ...

Wipe is so cool for bowdens ...
ice
July 03, 2013 08:09AM
I just got my makerfarm 8" i3 running and made a couple of prints that turned out very well. I updated to slic3r 0.9.10b and ran in to problems with too much filament feed. I tried to adjust this for a whole evening before noticing that the Z was not moving up for the new layer. eye rolling smiley

Any one else got these problems? I did try both repetier and ponterface with the same results, my old sliced gcode seemed to work well still.

Have I accidently unchecked a box or is there a bug? As I'm new to this I suspect I'm the bug here, but you never know.

I will upload the files later if anyone are intrested in helping me trouble shoot.

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 08:10AM by ice.
ice
July 04, 2013 01:57AM
ice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just got my makerfarm 8" i3 running and made a
> couple of prints that turned out very well. I
> updated to slic3r 0.9.10b and ran in to problems
> with too much filament feed. I tried to adjust
> this for a whole evening before noticing that the
> Z was not moving up for the new layer. eye rolling smiley
>
> Any one else got these problems? I did try both
> repetier and ponterface with the same results, my
> old sliced gcode seemed to work well still.
>
> Have I accidently unchecked a box or is there a
> bug? As I'm new to this I suspect I'm the bug
> here, but you never know.
>
> I will upload the files later if anyone are
> intrested in helping me trouble shoot.
>
> thanks

Ok, digging in to this I found my old slice says for example G1 Z1.300 F7800.000 where the new only says G1 Z1.300 missing out the F7800.000. I assume the F is feedrate. Makes sense that it won't move if asked to move without any feedrate.

Now, how come slic3r suddenly don't provide a Z feedrate? I still suspect I'm the bug having missed out on something, but what?
July 04, 2013 02:21AM
Putting the feedrate on a move only changes the feedrate. If no feedrate is specified the last used rate is maintained.
ice
July 05, 2013 01:32AM
Problem solved! I found that useing Z-lift my Z stopped moving up. It retracts as it should but always return to layer 1 level. With Z-lift se to zero Im back on track printing again...
August 11, 2013 08:19PM
ice, even I'm having the same problem. But i checked my slicing settings, and Z-lift is already at 0. It's like every layer keeps getting repeated twice, and the filament keeps getting chewed up after awhile. Any help would be great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login