Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Holes are too small and not connected to layers

Posted by Jay2006 
Holes are too small and not connected to layers
October 06, 2013 11:16AM
Hi,

What ist wrong in my settings? The distance between the permit and layers is good. But the holes aren´t connected to the layers. The G-Code seems to be ok.

Jay

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2013 03:07PM by Jay2006.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC00282.jpg (218.8 KB)
open | download - config.ini (2.9 KB)
open | download - reptier.JPG (38.4 KB)
Re: Holes are too small and not connected to layers
October 06, 2013 06:04PM
It looks to me like you're extruding too little plastic in general, not just near the holes. Looks to me like there are gaps in the layer infill and in the edge of the sloping wall. Are you sure you have calibrated your e axis properly, or have an accurate diameter for your filament?
October 06, 2013 06:09PM
Or maybe your layer height is too high for your nozzle size. What are the details of your print?
October 07, 2013 01:02AM
Looks like printer is not properly calibrated
October 07, 2013 01:36PM
Hi,

The size (wide and hight) of the part is correct. Only the e axis i think is a little bit incorrect.But then why are only the holes too small. This has nothing to do with the quantity of the filament but at the position.
October 07, 2013 03:59PM
Holes unfortunately will always be a bit small in Slic3r. I have heard many reasons but apparently it's not easy to calculate automatically to get it right with all the variables in the software. Personally I think that should be a top priority in Slic3r development to fix hole size but it's been that way since the first slic3r from what I have read.

So I just make my holes a bit bigger in design so they come out right. Some print out hole charts so they know how big to design a hole so it comes out right, I just guestimate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login