Slic3r advanced doesn't run in advanced mode for certain Win7 account names
October 06, 2013 01:06PM
It seems that the Slic3r advanced mode is unable to start if I'm logged in with a user which contain unicode characters other than ASCII characters, eg. my main username on Windows 7 is "Regi és Bence". If I reset the config so it starts in basic mode, it works, but the moment I try the advanced mode, it doesn't run.

If I login with another user that has only Ascii characters, eg. Admin, it works.

Any ideas when this will be fixed? It's a bit cumbersome to switch users and it's not that easy to rename user accounts (with folders) on Win7.
Re: Slic3r advanced doesn't run in advanced mode for certain Win7 account names
October 06, 2013 05:38PM
No idea when it'll be fixed (not part of the team), but you could look at using the runas command to start the program as another user. This way, you could wrap it all up in a batch file and just run that to start Slic3r.
Re: Slic3r advanced doesn't run in advanced mode for certain Win7 account names
October 15, 2013 03:13AM
I have the same problem, I have got it to work by creating a .bat file that runs slic3r.
I also moved Slic3r to someplace where there is also english chars. like C:\Slic3r

Put the bat file in the dir of your slic3r and run it. It will create a dir named Slic3rData in C:\ for it to have the temp files and settings.

I have noticed that it often crashes if I load another file and try to slice it. so I have to restart it after each run.

I have win xp.

//Superman
Attachments:
open | download - Run slic3r.bat (34 bytes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login