Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can X, Y, Z, and E be changed in Slic3r using g-code

Posted by BobHewson 
Can X, Y, Z, and E be changed in Slic3r using g-code
December 21, 2013 01:41PM
I read somewhere that X, Y, Z, and E can be changed in Slic3r using g-codes instead of reflashing the I/O board for doing minor adjusttments.

Can anyone tell me if this can be done, how to do it, where to find more info on it?

Thanks,

Bob
Re: Can X, Y, Z, and E be changed in Slic3r using g-code
December 21, 2013 06:49PM
In Slic3r?

I am pretty sure slic3r can only create the exact shape, sizes it's given (other than it's scale feature to scale the entire part).

Once it's in Gcode, even a text editor (or Repetier host as my preference) can edit the coordinates but it's literally one line at a time.

Maybe if you state your overall goal of what you want to accomplish someone might have a better solution.
December 22, 2013 12:16PM
I think it would be much easier to switch the axis inside of another program. Netfabb has a free version that allows translation rotation and scaling of objects. It also comes with a mesh healing tool.
December 31, 2013 09:37AM
If you start it in 'Expert' mode, then there's an option on the 'Printer Settings' tab labeled 'Custom G-Code' that allows you to add your own code at start, end, layer change, and tool change. So say you calibrate your e-steps, finding '820' as the ideal number, then you can add "M92 E820" to the 'start' section and avoid re-flashing your board.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login