Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raft Feature Not Working

Posted by Aberrant 
Raft Feature Not Working
December 27, 2013 12:55AM
I am using the latest version slic3r-mswin-x64-1-0-0-RC1

To ensure that no other settings were a problem, I sliced the object in approximately 10 minutes will all settings the way I wanted, EXCEPT for Raft function. I then turned it from 0 to 10, and it never finishes slicing. I know that the support material has a similar bug that causes it to freeze or hang when using certain values. So I tried a few other values, from 2, to 5, to 12, and nothing but 0 (off) will finish slicing.

Has anyone encountered this issue, and is there any way to get Raft to work?
Re: Raft Feature Not Working
January 05, 2014 06:41AM
Not able to get raft to work at all. Tried many settings and non seem to work.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
January 05, 2014 04:59PM
A quick simple test shows that you must have raft set to at least 4 layers to function. Don't know why, but if you want raft set it to 4 layers.
January 05, 2014 05:33PM
tmorris9
A quick simple test shows that you must have raft set to at least 4 layers to function. Don't know why, but if you want raft set it to 4 layers.

Thanks, I will try that

[regpye.com.au]
January 05, 2014 07:02PM
regpye
tmorris9
A quick simple test showyours that you must have raft set to at least 4 layers to function. Don't know why, but if you want raft set it to 4 layers.

Thanks, I will try that

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Regpye could you please share your results?
January 05, 2014 07:41PM
Aberrant
regpye
tmorris9
A quick simple test showyours that you must have raft set to at least 4 layers to function. Don't know why, but if you want raft set it to 4 layers.

Thanks, I will try that

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Regpye could you please share your results?

I have just finished trying it out with 4 layers and also 4 interface, did not work.
Tried it with 4 layers and 0 interface, same result.
The raft just doesn't want to work in this version with these setting.

[regpye.com.au]
January 05, 2014 07:44PM
Thank you for sharing your results. I thought I tried 4 already but I didn't know for sure. I can't get the raft to work either.
January 05, 2014 11:45PM
Must some other setting or reason that it's not working. Maybe share your .ini file.
January 05, 2014 11:46PM
Here is a screen grab showing the raft on my object
Attachments:
open | download - Screen shot 2014-01-05 at 8.40.41 PM.jpg (264.1 KB)
January 05, 2014 11:47PM
I have support on and set to 0 (auto). The reason I say it is the raft option that is the issue, is because when I turn off raft, it slices properly
January 05, 2014 11:57PM
Just tried with support on and set to -0- and it still created a raft.
January 05, 2014 11:58PM
You do know you don't have to have support on to use a raft right?
January 06, 2014 12:00AM
Interesting. I wonder what other setting or combination of settings it could be. I have a skirt 2 layers high.
January 06, 2014 12:15AM
That's why I suggested you upload your .ini file (Slic3r prefs file). I could then look at it and see if I notice anything that might cause it.
January 06, 2014 02:34AM
tmorris9
That's why I suggested you upload your .ini file (Slic3r prefs file). I could then look at it and see if I notice anything that might cause it.

Here is mine.
Still having problems with no raft.

[regpye.com.au]
Attachments:
open | download - config.ini (3.4 KB)
January 06, 2014 05:35PM
I used your config on my file and it created a raft without me altering anything. I did this in both of the latest revisions of slic3r (1.0.0 R1 & 1.0.0 R2).

Maybe it's model related? Can you try a simple model like a cube and see if it works on your end?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login