Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

angry smiley Offset between raft and object

Posted by NDscham2 
angry smiley Offset between raft and object
April 25, 2014 04:22PM
Hello everyone,

I am using RepetierHost V0.95F with a RenkForce RF1000 RepRap derivative.
I've tried several Slic3r versions from 0.9 to 1.1.1.16 and Layer Heights ranging from 0.1 to 0.3mm, but no matter what,
I keep getting a multi-layer gap between raft and object (Please see screenshot below).

AFAIK, this is a known issue, but hasn't been resolved despite other claims (see https://github.com/alexrj/Slic3r/issues/1668).

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion as how to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance for any helpful contribution,
best regards,

NDscham

Attachment:

Attachments:
open | download - iGSNg02.png (150.5 KB)
Re: angry smiley Offset between raft and object
April 26, 2014 01:00PM
Do not expect any help with so little information supplied.
As a minimum you may attach your STL model and your slicer config file, then maybe someone has a chance to give you a hint about your problem, it could be that you are your own source to your problems.
Try to remove any obvious suspect parameters in your setup, without any knowledge I can see from your picture that "Interface pattern spacing: 0.4mm" to me looks very suspicious with a value close to nozzle width, but I am only guessing and does not claim any validity.
April 28, 2014 06:46AM
Have you tried printing? Or are you just trusting Repetier's visual preview?
April 29, 2014 08:42PM
I have had this also in Slic3r 1.0.1, I found that I had a PRINT setting that worked ( no gap ) and one that didn't (gap). After comparing all settings, I found that I had the raft set to 1 and although it doesn't actually produce a raft layer, it starts the print on the next level (in the air). So when I tried to change it, it didn't keep. I had to change it a few times before "modified" showed up when saving that configuration. Then make sure you selected the correct configuration in repetier host Slicer tab.
April 30, 2014 05:41AM
See this for an explanation: [hydraraptor.blogspot.it]
and don't trust Repetier's rendering: object will be actually floating only in absence of gravity smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login