Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layer change gcode

Posted by calad 
Layer change gcode
July 30, 2014 11:22AM
Hi. The problem with slicer is that it keeps hotend all the time on object so it cant cool down.This is a major problem for small parts.

Then on options I found "layer change g code" and an idea came to my mind. Is it possible to make g code that detects how much time next or previous layer used, if it used less time than 30 sec hotend would move away to make whole layer take 30 sec and then come back?

Right now I can only affect on minium layer time and speed, this however wont help be because now matter how low speed I set the hotend remains close to object and prevents it cooling.
Re: Layer change gcode
July 31, 2014 06:11AM
My usual approach to this is to plate up several of the same small object at once, so by the time it has finished the layer on the other objects the plastic has had time to cool.
Side effect is that I get multiple objects at better quality.
Re: Layer change gcode
July 31, 2014 04:37PM
Under Filament there is a cooling feature that calculates the time the current layer will take and can slow the print down accordingly.

If the print time is under X seconds then slow to Y speed.

Mine is set to 20 seconds and if it's under that to complete the layer I have my speed drop down to 15mm/s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login