Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r source versions

Posted by Miamicraft 
Slic3r source versions
April 04, 2015 09:35PM
I'm not an expert on github but have a lot of coding experience and would like to take a look at the code. How do you download the source for prior versions of Slic3r? Are they archived?

Roger
Re: Slic3r source versions
April 05, 2015 04:10AM
Hi Roger,

the sources are here.
[github.com]

Download the .zip archive.
[github.com]

A description for windows build is here.
[github.com]

Frank
April 05, 2015 03:21PM
Thanks Frank. That will get me the current version. smiling smiley

I would like to be able to find the source for older versions so I could compare them (diff) to try to understand why support material is broken in 1.2.6 and worked well in earlier versions.

Roger
April 06, 2015 04:21AM
If you want to avoid git you can download specific previous releases, you can get them from here:

[github.com]

However, if you don't mind learning a little git (it is worth learning it), you can download the master.zip or use git to clone the repository, e.g.:

git clone [github.com]

(I don't know how to undo the markup in the above -- just put the literal URL into the command line)

Once you have the clone, you have all the versions, so cd into that directory and do something like:

git diff 1.2.5..1.2.6

Which will give you a diff between the tag 1.2.5 and 1.2.6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2015 04:22AM by Lenbok.
April 06, 2015 09:00AM
Sorry Roger,

I misunderstood your question.

But what is the problem you have with the support function ?

I don't use support very often and i know, the automatic support is not perfect.
But with threshold value it should work...

If you want, i can can give you a simple calibration object, which is very helpful for adjusting the threshold value.

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login