Gaps in top layer
April 27, 2015 03:35AM
Hello togehter,

I`m new working with Slic3r and I got a problem regarding the top layer. Usually I´m working with Cura because it is the standard Software for my Ultimaker 2 but I want to some software experiments.
Attached you´ll see two Pictures (One part created by Cura and one part created by Slic3r) where you can see that tere is a gap between infill and Perimeter. The printer is calibrated - Do you have any idea wich Parameter in Slic3r could be responsible for this error? Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
open | download - Comparsion.pdf (148.8 KB)
Re: Gaps in top layer
April 27, 2015 08:29AM
Flow Rate?
Filament Diameter?
April 27, 2015 08:33AM
Attached you´ll find the Settings...
Attachments:
open | download - Printer Settings.pdf (198 KB)
April 27, 2015 09:10AM
Try unticking "Detect thin walls". It has been suggested in another thread that this can cause incomplete infill problems.

Dave
April 28, 2015 08:30AM
Thank you but it doesn´t help me... :-(
September 06, 2015 06:54AM
"Try unticking "Detect thin walls". It has been suggested in another thread that this can cause incomplete infill problems"

Anyone know if this might still apply to 1.2.9 ?
September 06, 2015 08:36AM
Try a different infill/top layer infill pattern combo. Sometimes there is an interaction between the the two patterns that can cause problems with the top layer infill. Start simple- use rectilinear for both and see what happens.

You didn't post the "advanced" settings tab which specifies all the different line widths. Leaving all those settings at "0" makes them auto, but Slic3r sometimes has problems when you do that- give it a couple numbers and see if things don't improve.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
September 11, 2015 05:57PM
I agree with 'the_digital_dentist'. Judging from the perimeters in your picture, the lines seems to be much thinner than expected.

Also in the advanced tab, you will find the 'infill/perimeters overlap' setting which seems to be a problem shown in your object.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login