Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed Center changed from 1.1.7 to 1.2.9??

Posted by cassetti 
Bed Center changed from 1.1.7 to 1.2.9??
June 27, 2015 12:41PM
Greetings,

I have been using Slic3r 1.1.7 with my Flashforge Creator Pro perfectly for months now. I have hundreds of hours of successful prints (around 4.5 Km of filament extruded). I finally download the new stable release of 1.2.9 and I notice the bed settings must have changed (yes I saw the popup about the new bed-shape feature). Because now my g-code sends the extrude to nearly off the build plate it starts the print (and eventually attempts to print off the printer, crashing into the home switches if I don't cancel the print immediately.

I have checked (and saved) the bed shape settings (bed size 225 x 100, origin is set to 0,0). Nothing has changed, yet the print keeps starting near the home position when I use v1.2.9 (instead of center where it should start printing).

As soon as I switched back to Slic3r 1.1.7, everything worked and I was able to print my model with the same settings. So I'm really confused as to what the problem is.........

Thanks!
Re: Bed Center changed from 1.1.7 to 1.2.9??
June 27, 2015 12:56PM
Under "Printer Settings" tab do you have the same settings for "bed size" and "print center" .
June 27, 2015 01:00PM
Yep, that was the first thing I checked

Note they changed "print center" to "origin" in v1.2.9

Here's the two side by side, settings are the same

June 27, 2015 01:17PM
I see you have center point set at 0,0 in old version
You must have 0,0 set as center of your bed so it may be in 1.2.9 you have to set origin at the center of you bed.
I don't use 1.2.9 yet and my origin is 0,0 but may be worth testing.
June 27, 2015 05:07PM
Print center and origin are fundamentally not the same thing.

Your original settings indicate your firmware considers the center of the bed to be (0,0).

Origin sets the distance of the zero point from the front-left corner of the bed (assuming your coordinate system is oriented the same way as a Mendel).

With a 225X150 bed (I assume the screenshots are right and the text is wrong), to get the origin at bed center, you'll need to set the origin to (112.5, 75.0).
August 01, 2015 11:21AM
Had the same problem - see this post:

[forums.reprap.org]

I don't understand why it is necessary to use a negative value for my x zero origin when the actual left bed edge is at the x 40 position, but that is the way it works. You need to experiment with the settings and find what works for you. The old bed center setting was more straight forward.
September 24, 2015 10:40PM
FYI: I found that if you change the origin, you can't just click Export G-code again. It will export the same file again. I had to save the settings, then rerun the app. Maybe I could have just reloaded the STL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login