Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The slice-me web application www.slice-me.com

Posted by mwojcik 
The slice-me web application www.slice-me.com
November 05, 2015 01:36PM
Hello everyone

I recently came with idea to connect slic3r with cloud computing to create web application. After two months of hard work i created something what can be useful. It is still in beta version and there have to be done a lot of improvements. But right now i want just some feedback form you, to check if this work goes in right direction. Just tell me what do you think about that. You can find this software in www.slice-me.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 01:37PM by mwojcik.
Re: The slice-me web application www.slice-me.com
November 05, 2015 03:42PM
I gave up using slic3r several weeks ago because it kept crashing when I tried to slice my models, and I reluctantly bought S3D. But I thought I'd try your web based version anyway. Unfortunately the first model I tried to slice was rejected, because it was 147Mb and you have a limit of 20Mb. I then tried to slice a couple more files and got an "Internal server error" message.

I think web- or cloud-based slicing would be useful. The RepRapFirmware I use on my printers provides a built-in web interface, so it is easy to control my printers from a tablet or smartphone. But currently, I still need a PC to do the slicing, and a web slicing service would remove the need for the PC.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 05, 2015 05:09PM
Hi

Thanks for replay and testing app. I'm using AWS cloud and there is some storage limit of 10GB, so because of that i give some files limits. About this second problem, could you send me this file, which caused this error. I will try to fix that. Sorry for problem but right now it is in beta version.
November 06, 2015 08:53PM
Worked for me. Although the output was much larger than my desktop slice.
November 09, 2015 07:16AM
RRuser
Worked for me. Although the output was much larger than my desktop slice.

Which probably means that the resolution is better (i.e. it creates more moves for curves). That can however be a mixed blessing - if there is a long string of too many short moves it can exceed the controller's ability to process them fast enough, giving a jerky output.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login