Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridge Extrusions

Posted by Rich_H 
Bridge Extrusions
December 02, 2015 05:43PM
I'm kind of new to this, so please bear with me. This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a way to prevent Slic3r from placing the beginning or end of an extrusion in the middle of a bridge? Especially when that extrusion is the first "crossing" of the bridge?

-Rich

RepRap Xi3 Prusa (from a kit)
Re: Bridge Extrusions
December 02, 2015 08:23PM
I didn't know slic3r would do that.

In the print settings there's a selection for the seam location. Selecting "random", may allow it to do that silly thing you describe. Try selecting "aligned" or "nearest" and see if it solves the problem.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
December 03, 2015 08:36AM
It's a bug that I have come across before. Another issue I had was Slic3r choosing a silly direction to do the bridging - bridging a slot that is 150mm long and 5mm wide, it would sometimes lay the first bridging layer in the long direction rather than the short direction. I'd then have to scrap the print and rotate it 90 degrees on the build plate to get it to bridge sensibly. As "digital dentist" has suggested, try changing the seam location.

Ensure however that the issue is not caused by your model having a feature (e.g. a hole) in the bridge. In that case the perimeter of the feature will be printed in thin air. If it has, modify your model to have a 1 layer thick membrane under the hole - which can then be drilled out.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 08:39AM by dmould.
December 03, 2015 09:04PM
Thanks, y'all. I'm not printing anything right now that needs bridging, but I'll keep these tips in mind when I do. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login