Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r infill always as bridging

Posted by PurpleSensation 
Slic3r infill always as bridging
January 14, 2016 07:27AM
I have a problem, every solid infill that slic3r produces, produces it as bridging, with its options. I dont know why. Please help.

The profile used on the config.ini is "cosas detalladas"
Attachments:
open | download - config.ini (4.3 KB)
Re: Slic3r infill always as bridging
January 15, 2016 12:00AM
Purple,
I looked at your ini file... but really what is needed is more description of the problem, info about your machine and filament, clear photos etc.

Kindly see here for the kinds of things we need. That will save us from asking 1000 questions.

Thanks

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
January 15, 2016 07:14AM
IMO the first solid layer over sparse (<25%) infill should be printed with bridging parameters, because it is bridging over fairly large gaps between the infill. I often have the opposite problem, in that I cannot set my slicing firmware to treat the first solid top layer as a bridge, but I would like to!

Dave
January 15, 2016 09:03AM
dmould
IMO the first solid layer over sparse (<25%) infill should be printed with bridging parameters, because it is bridging over fairly large gaps between the infill.

I agree with Dave in this one - the first solid layer SHOULD be a bridge. However, my observation is that slic3r does this. At least when I am printing with PLA, my fan comes on - which is part of my bridging behavior.
Solid layers on top of this should NOT be bridged. The OP didn't say if there was a difference between the first and subsequent solid layers.
January 15, 2016 04:36PM
My problem is that slicer treats EVERY solid layer as a bridge, it overlays the infill parameters and prints it with the brigding configurations, what ussually is a dissaster, because pieces are so light and weak
January 17, 2016 12:49AM
PurpleSensation,
Unfortunately your description is not enough for us to tell what is happening.
Really, see my post above for the kinds of info we need.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login