Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please add: ignore segments shorter than->

Posted by PurpleSensation 
Please add: ignore segments shorter than->
January 24, 2016 09:30AM
I thing this is a very neccesary option, because sometimes very short segments introduce vibrations on the print and overheat unnecesarily that part.
A good example is the printing off gears theeths , where slic3r use to infill with little perimeters on each teeth, travelling teeth by teeth, and sometimes ozzing
Re: Please add: ignore segments shorter than->
January 24, 2016 03:50PM
There are a couple of things you can do for this.

If you are having problems with excess vibration you can change the acceleration in firmware, or even easier in Slic3r, with expert settings on, under Print settings, Speed, Acceleration control.

For example, for my Delta printer I have default acceleration set to 2200 (also my firmware's default), but use reduced acceleration of 1500 for perimeters - to control ringing.

If you are having problems with how the details of gears are printed - instead of using auto settings for extrusion width you can manually set the perimeter widths, re-slice, and view the preview to see if the infill and perimeters are as you want. See Richrap's Slic3r - Advanced perimeter tuning - 3D Printing tutorial

Hope that helps.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Re: Please add: ignore segments shorter than->
January 24, 2016 08:18PM
Carefully selecting the line widths can eliminate a lot of the tiny extrusions and you might end up with a stronger part, too.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login