Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kraken head trouble

Posted by alex@safeglass 
Kraken head trouble
January 29, 2016 11:10AM
I managed to get a print of a strechlet out of kraken using Bowden cables and the ninjaflex material. I did this print with the printer plugged straight into the pc using repetier host to control it, I sliced it in slic3r and printed it. I then tried to do another print, this time saving the slic3d strechlet file onto an sd card and printing from the printer itself. I ensured the usb cable was unplugged from the computer to try and prevent any miscommunication happening. In this case the printer didn’t select my initially allocated head to print and picked a different head to use for the print. Even though I clearly specified which head to use. How do I fix this. I am a rostock delta as my printer with only 3 of the 4 kraken extruder heads actually available for use.
Re: Kraken head trouble
January 30, 2016 04:03PM
What electronics and what firmware? By default, Slic3r passes selection of Extruder 1 as T0, Extruder 2 as T1, and so forth. If your firmware is expecting something different, that's your problem. Some older versions of RepRapFirmware reserved T0 to disable all tools and started the extruders with T1. If that's your problem you can either change to a newer or different firmware or write a post-processor to increment all the tool selection gcodes by 1.
February 02, 2016 06:28AM
I dont know what you mean by electronics but am using repetier host as the firmware. I also checked the config.h file to see how they where configured and they are done the same way you described slic3r to do them. So i dont understand what the problem could be.
February 02, 2016 07:24AM
alex@safeglass
I dont know what you mean by electronics but am using repetier host as the firmware.

First of all, Repetier Host is a Host program that runs on a PC and NOT a firmware!
There is also Repetier firmware (which I suspect you are also using).
The "electronics" is the hardware board into which you loaded the firmware.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login