Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion misplaced and dimensioned wrong

Posted by Mr. T 
Extrusion misplaced and dimensioned wrong
March 20, 2016 07:00PM
Hi there,
I've got a CTC Bizer I (clone of Makerbot Replicator I) and I'm using Slic3r from the beginning and never had this problem before. I'm trying to print a kind of frisbee and while printing I saw the printer extruding about 2-4 times more material than necessary pushing the whole plate down and creating a relatively high wall. That made further printing impossible.
I think that it's noteworthy for you that I've got a "customized" eye rolling smiley nozzle with a diameter of 1.725 mm which is registered respectively in Slic3r. I used it very successfully with ninja flex filament for seals for valves, however this model is supposed to be printed with PLA. I created the affected frisbee model as usual with FreeCAD, sliced it with Slic3r and converted it with the gpx command line tool to a x3g file. Standard procedure for me.
BTW, I'm using Xubuntu 15.10 64bit.

The stl and the fcstd files (see attachment) appear normal to me, but in Slic3r this happens:

⎡Note the red parts confused smiley

⎣Luckily the printer did not try to print underneath the plate so far.. smiling smiley

⎡Note the perimeter of the second layer⎤

⎣The yellow perimeters of the second layer are very oversized. As you can see they were planned to touch the plate⎦

If the option "detect thin walls" is enabled, Slic3r creates extrusion fragments on the top of my model as well, which are similar to the ones below the plate... I think it's an error of Slic3r, but FreeCAD is an option as well. To be sure I provide the stl and fc file I used as an attachment.

Thanks for your help! smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Tiggsbee.zip (481.4 KB)
Re: Extrusion misplaced and dimensioned wrong
March 20, 2016 09:52PM
I think this is a bug in the latest version, discussed here.

And some additional recommendations here.

Hope that helps

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Re: Extrusion misplaced and dimensioned wrong
March 31, 2016 08:37AM
It looks like the "Wipe while retracting" printer setting for my first extruder causes the issue together with the nozzle diameter greater than 0.4 mm as I tested it out...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login