Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forcing slicer to generate real solids

Posted by sanyika 
Forcing slicer to generate real solids
April 03, 2016 06:03PM
I would like to get my 3d prints to come up as solids, no matter how slow. I virtually tried every single option slic3r offers and there are still meshes inside. I would like to get rid of all meshes and outputted a solid plastic brick infilled in a way that there are no empty spaces inside. Just like when edges are generated.

How do I set slic3r to do that for me?
Re: Forcing slicer to generate real solids
April 03, 2016 06:16PM
100% infill. The layer view won't look solid because it doesn't depict the thickness of the extrusion, but it will be (or close, depending on other settings).

Supported patterns at 100% are rectilinear, concentric, hilbert curve, Archimedean chords, and octagram spiral.
Re: Forcing slicer to generate real solids
April 04, 2016 08:25AM
For solid infill you must ensure that you are not over-extruding by even a small amount otherwise your print will gradually get bumpier and bumpier until it fails - with solid infill any over-extrusion has nowhere to go except up and each layer will get worse, especially near the perimeters where extruder lag often causes a small section of over-extrusion. It is usually best to use 90% or 95% rectilinear infill to avoid that possibility - which still produces a pretty solid print.

You can also set the number of top & bottom solid layers (horizontal shells) to be equal or higher than half the total number of layers of your print.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login