Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slic3r retraction problems or bug

Posted by jorgeneo560 
slic3r retraction problems or bug
August 19, 2016 07:50PM
hi, i had built a 3d printer like the ultimaker not the same but very similar, i having some troubles with high detail printing, i had all my axes squared, i chekit with a micrometer and with a 90 degree steel angle rectified with cnc, so no chance to be mechanical problem, i had a bowden extruder setup, i had printing some pices and the quality is very good with a litte stringin/ooze, and yes i double checked the e step, i had 195 steps per mm with a mk5 gear or mk8 i dont remember what gear i had, but when i try for example print this file
[www.thingiverse.com]
i suffer extreme oozing/stringin, i dont know why, but the piramid and the circle and the overhangs appears to be good but the stringin is so much that ruins all the print, i am using slic3r, and when i activate retraction it dosent generate any retraction in the g code, some times do something like this
g92 e0
g1 e1.0000
bla bla bla
and its strange becouse i put in retraction 1mm, the stringing get worse, later i change the e1.0000 for e-1.0000 ,and i get problems of under-extrusion, and when i put in the slic3r the option of do extra extrude after a retraction it generate code very hard to understand, and in any place generate extrusion with negative value, even with the retract after layer change is on, and i havent see any gcode comand that do retract.
I dont know if its the slicer, i didnt try cura.
i tried lowering the extrusion temperature and no change, i am printing at 185 with a e3d hot end and 60 degress in the heatbed, and yes i also chek that the bed is leveled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2016 07:53PM by jorgeneo560.
Re: slic3r retraction problems or bug
August 20, 2016 12:38AM
The presence of a G92 command suggests you are using absolute extrusion coordinates. The excerpt you have there is an un-retraction. With absolute extrusion coordinates retractions won't have a negative E parameter, but instead just one that is smaller than the previous one.

You don't say anything about your machine or electronics. I generally prefer relative extrusion coordinates unless your firmware has a buggy implementation of them. Your problem is not with Slic3r. Most hot ends, especially if they're Bowden-fed, will need more than 1mm of retraction. Even the E3d v6, which is notorious for performing well with short retracts, generally doesn't use a lot less than 2mm. Most general-purpose hot ends are happier with 5mm or even more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login