Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slicing in diferent angles

Posted by Muscles 
Slicing in diferent angles
June 28, 2017 11:32AM
Hello, I was seeing a 3D printer that has attached a conveyor belt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDWLdlEOA6U) this could be easily be made, the mechanics aren`t clearly a problem, my main problem is how con I tune slic3r to slice in a differente angle than 0º, as you know it "cuts" in layers parallels to the bed, is there any way to change that?
Re: Slicing in diferent angles
June 29, 2017 03:46AM
You could make slic3r do that by rotating the part 45° relative to the bed. The conveyor belt is the z-axis then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 03:58AM by o_lampe.
June 29, 2017 09:14PM
That unleashes certain other problems, like firmware
June 30, 2017 04:16AM
The biggest challenge is to find a conveyor belt with good first layer adhesion. The nozzle isn't rectangular to the belt and can't squeeze the filament into it.
Also warping is an issue. ABS is a no_go for such printer. ( how would you heat up the belt to +100°C? )
June 30, 2017 03:18PM
You put the heater under the belt... I think corners lifting would be a much bigger problem, but maybe not such a problem if you're piling layers at a 45 degree angle.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 01, 2017 09:06PM
Mechanics isn't quite as hard, of course ABS it's out of the discussion, the only problem I encounter is slicing in a 45º angle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login