Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printout very slow after changing just initial layer height

Posted by Shadowblues 
Printout very slow after changing just initial layer height
February 02, 2018 07:39AM
Hi there,

at the moment I am printing something which uses about 12h of print time in the normal printing speed. (ANet A8 printer). Yesterday I got my BuildTak printing sheet and I releveled the printer after mounting that sheet. All great but it needed a bit till I got the right height of the z-home. After that, the second layer did not really stick to the first one.
In the old settings, the first layer was pressed into the bed, so it worked there. Now that changed because BuildTak tells not to press the first layer that hard.
Printing speed was normal at that point. Now I changed just ONE setting: First layer height from 100% to 150%. Now the printing speed is very slow. I would say about 1/5 to 1/10 of the normal speed. Why that?
On the first layer I thought - ok, maybe this has to be to get that thick layer. On the second layer I hoped - ok, maybe the first few layers and then it will speed up. But now we are at layer 10 and it is still slow :-( About 650 layers to go. Estimated printing time: 5.5 days.

Regards,
Roger

Edit: Using Version 1.2.9 on Windows, Octoprint on Raspberry as a print server - (V1.3.6)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 08:04AM by Shadowblues.
Re: Printout very slow after changing just initial layer height
February 03, 2018 02:32AM
I only had that bug, when I set "gap fill speed" to anything else than "0" (disabled). I'm using Slic3r 1.34.1-prusa3d-win64.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login