Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

is slic3r dead ????

Posted by terramir 
is slic3r dead ????
February 19, 2018 05:39PM
I am having severe problems with slic3r 1.29 freezing up and the newest beta as of yesterdayhas the same problems windows 10 x64.
seems like the development team has not fixed the problems there yet.
any insights
terramir
Re: is slic3r dead ????
February 19, 2018 10:37PM
There has been a huge amount of development and it is ongoing. Many of the bugs in 1.2.9 have been fixed and many new features added. Don't use v1.2.9. Download the latest developer version 1.3.0.xx

Still breathing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 10:37PM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 20, 2018 03:43AM
I started using the slic3r_Prusa_Edition and they are very busy ironing out all the bugs. Hint: their slicer works for other than Prusa printers too winking smiley
February 20, 2018 03:01PM
I've been looking at alternatives to Slic3r over the last few days and the 'Prusa Edition' looks quite good, many new features especially for multi-nozzle printing and as o_lampe has said they seem to be pretty active with bug fixes and updates with very regular updates.
I'm also looking at Cura but can't get on with the user interface having got used to Slic3r !

Chris
June 01, 2018 04:27PM
Forget abou 1.2.9... For some reason developers have not published as oficial and stable the new dev versions, but Im useing them for at least 1 year and they are GREAT. I have been useing features that for example simplify3d only has in the last 3 months... and I have had them since 1 year lol.
Just go to the slic3r homepage but download the dev version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login