Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G0 instead G1 for Rapid linear Movements in Slic3r

Posted by ROLEVAM 
G0 instead G1 for Rapid linear Movements in Slic3r
July 21, 2018 07:16PM
Hello everyone
Softwares that generate G-code uses G0 to do Rapid linear Movements, I ask why Slic3r uses G1 to do this, is it possible that Slic3r generate G-code using G0 for Rapid linear Movements?. This because slic3r in combination with repetier firmware becomes ideal for the use of sla 3d printers.
Thanks for your help
Re: G0 instead G1 for Rapid linear Movements in Slic3r
July 22, 2018 02:47AM
I found that even with G0 travel moves in the code, certain firmware doesn't make a difference. That's pretty annoying for CNC machines, too.

What you can do, is manually split the moves. Or write a postprocessor.
G1 X### Y### F### 
becomes 
G1 X### F###
G1 Y### F###

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2018 02:52AM by o_lampe.
July 24, 2018 09:41PM
Thanks for your reply

I am working in a 3d sla laser printer and I noticed that the reptiere firmware is apropiate because in laser options you can use "M3 and M5 to enable/disable laser. Here G1/G2/G3 moves have laser enabled and G0 moves have it disables" . To cure resin you need that in travel movements the laser is off, this is achieved only if the fast movemens are made by G0 in the g-code.

Please refer to the attached file.

Regards
Attachments:
open | download - laser repetier.jpg (87.4 KB)
July 25, 2018 01:50AM
SCARA printers also benefit from rapid moves using G0 instead of G1, because G0 moves need not be coordinated which may allow higher speeds. Also G1 moves between some pairs of points may be impossible to do on SCARA machines, because they involve movement through inaccessible positions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2018 01:52AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 05, 2018 06:55PM
Would it be possible that in the next version of Silc3r the Rapid linear Movements were made by G0 instead G1?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login