Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r not printing directly but ok from CURA 15046

Posted by imk 
imk
Slic3r not printing directly but ok from CURA 15046
January 23, 2019 02:02PM
Hello,

So am new to Slic3r but using Cura 15.04.6 for long time now.
I have a Rep Rap Pursa I3 clone from Hic Top that is working ok with many hours of print under its belts so to speak.
Today however i have created a STL that cura does not seem to slice correct and basically print job stops after about 2mm of Z.

So i thought i would try Slic3r.

I have a small test print job about size of a penny MicroUsbSckBezel-1-0.stl
I have setup Slic3r correctly i think and used the Serial/USB Test button to see if Slic3r can see my printer which it does when plugged in and fails when usb is unplugged as to be expect.
I have export the test STL to gcode and printed it by importing it into cure and it prints just fine.
So i think the gcode sliced by Slic3r must be ok.

However, when i try to print this test print directly from Slic3r a message flashes up gcode sent to C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\MicroUsbSckBezel-1-0.gcode
I have looked in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\ and the file MicroUsbSckBezel-1-0.gcode is present.
Next message is "File added to print queue" but the printer never starts and ideas please?

OS is Win10 Pro 64bit, Slic3r 1.3.0

Many thanks imk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2019 02:06PM by imk.
Re: Slic3r not printing directly but ok from CURA 15046
January 23, 2019 08:03PM
Use Meshmixer to try to repair the STL file.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Slic3r not printing directly
April 17, 2019 03:50PM
Yesterday I had a blackout when I restarted my pc the oprtion after print order, does not appear, I cannot connect, cannot move the extruder to any point of the bed, cannot pause, print again or abort, I reinstalled, and tried with an old version and nothing, so when I print, I have to scale 89.2% in X & Y axis but Z is OK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login