Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r losing fine detail

Posted by softfoot 
Slic3r losing fine detail
November 17, 2019 07:19AM
I have a Geeetech I3 Pro C and am running the latest Repetier-Host which includes Slic3r v1.3.1-dev.

I am trying to print a replacement drive belt clamp HERE for a friends unit
but while the print quality is fine the teeth that mesh with the belt are missing!!!

Interestingly, the preview generated is also lacking the teeth - so I guess it's no surprise they dont get printed!

What am I missing?? I have tried 2 different designs and various settings and everything does the same.
Interestingly Cura behaves the same!

If I use Greeetech's "Easy3d" tool the teeth are printed OK but that tool doesn't support multiple extruders.

I have the layer height set to 0.2 (but 0.1 does the same!)

"3D-Tool" displays the STL file correctly, with the teeth - so they are definitly in the STL file.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Getting a bit frustrated,
Dave
Re: Slic3r losing fine detail
December 17, 2019 08:16AM
It might be your printing nozzle is too big or your extrusion width is too wide causing the small thin teeth to disappear in the slicing process!

Layer height doesn't influence this.

However, you might be able to print the object on it's side. In that case the layer height becomes important instead of the nozzle width, but in that case the teeth will become much weaker because you are pulling on the layers instead of the lines.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Re: Slic3r losing fine detail
December 17, 2019 12:20PM
I have found that unchecking "detect thin walls" at least makes slicer put them in the preview :-)

I have yet to actually print it - but this`may be a step forward.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login