Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slic3r not running in Linux Mint 'Mate' with nouveau driver

Posted by David J 
slic3r not running in Linux Mint 'Mate' with nouveau driver
September 12, 2020 07:56AM
The back story is that I'm having significant issues with the nvidia drivers on my system, so I have temporarily swapped to the open-source nouveau windows drivers until I can resolve them.

Everything is working well apart from slic3r, which refuses to run when I call it directly. When trying to start from the windows manager I get no response, so I called it from a terminal to see if I could see any error reports - and this is what I found:

./Slic3r-1.3.0-x86_64.AppImage
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open nouveau (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open nouveau (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
The program 'slic3r.pl' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'GLXBadContext'.
  (Details: serial 1189 error_code 158 request_code 152 minor_code 6)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

The nouveau .dri files do exist in the directories shown in the error message.

The strange thing is that slic3r will run perfectly well when called from within RepetierHost, but won't run independently. It does run if I have the nvidea driver in use.

Can any offer help or guidance? I'd like to get this sorted as it's the only problem I've found with using nouveau so far.

TIA,
David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login