Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host Wish List

Posted by nb99 
Re: Repetier Host Wish List
September 24, 2012 01:12PM
Ok, makes now more sense. Didn't know the split feature. With only top view it is hart to say what it does, but I think it separates not connected parts of your model. Could be handy if you have complete plates as one stl.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 24, 2012 01:55PM
Yes, I have used Slic3r to separate plates of non connected parts. When you have a single STL which is made up of a group of things, and you just want to print one of them, the split function is invaluable. That is why I thought I would throw it on the wish list
October 17, 2012 12:58AM
any chance a revisit of the bed levelling routine, not the bells and whistles version with a sensor as mentioned earlier but something like the following would be nice

defining leveling points in printer shape, lets say 5 points for starters, based on printbed size prefill with center and 4 points 20mm from the corners, allow each of these to be either manually entered or automatically calculated

a print bed levelling routine that homes axis, optionally heats printbed and extruder, goes to 10mm above the first point and then slowly lowers to the zero point (or a point defined above if using a non-zero bed level), and pauses, then on continue, raises and moves to next point, once all points have been visited it could give you the option to go around again.

Most of this could be done with gcode already, and may already be out there, but would be nice if it was built in and just a button press in reptier-host.

BTW love the software

GaZ
October 17, 2012 03:57AM
Sounds good:-) Bed leveling is planned, but not with highest priority.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
October 17, 2012 09:42AM
Would it be possible to add the ability to activate the fan on the "X" numbered layer? And to deactivate it after the print is done?
October 17, 2012 11:38AM
@Flyer2 That is the work of the slicer. In Slic3r you find this in theFilament Settings->Cooling->Disable Fan for the First:

If you want it deactivated after a job add the command in endcode in the gcode editor, in case the slicer doesn't do it.

October 17, 2012 04:57PM
My bad. I'm using skeinforge- I'll post it over there.
Thanks
December 17, 2012 12:22PM
Hi Repetier & Al,

first of all, thank's another time for your job! It's a real pleasure to use it freely and nicely..

I was wondering if you have some kind of security system about negative temperatures.

I give you an example:

My thermsistor is disconnected because of usure, then my temperature is -51 if I remember well...
So the heater will still be heating and I might have some melting issues....

I saw that on a gen7 with your last firmware.

So do you think it's possible to add some kind of feature to stop the heating when temperature is bellow 0 deg if you didn't programmed it already,
I guess it could be nice security addition to you great firmware.

I saw quite a few cases of melting heater around me because of bad plug and manipulation of the thermistor.

Of course, I know it can be a problem when your ATX PSU is not strong enought because of the voltage drop, but a little flag would be great...Especially for people who begin in the Reprap world.

Pardon my english...

Thanks!

Gh
December 17, 2012 02:08PM
Currently no savety guard, but it is planned for the next release. In fact it is the next item on my todo for the firmware. The only thing is when to do what.

I think I will go into dry mode if an error is detected. Hope the user sees the message and doesn't wonder why heating does not work. So an additional flag should give more error messages if temperatures are changed.

What I planned so far is detection of short circuit and not connected thermistor. These give extreme readings and are easy to detect.
For the case of unconnected thermistor/extruder I have no solution so far, but I'd like to detect that case too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login