Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions about Repetier Integration with Slic3r

Posted by Flackster 
Questions about Repetier Integration with Slic3r
January 17, 2012 07:32AM
I've a few questions about Repetier Integration with Slic3r

1) It seems that it doesn’t pick up any existing saved Slic3r configurations (i.e. from using Slic3r standalone). Is there any way to get it to do so (e.g. change some path name somewhere)?

2) I can't see how to get it to pick up start and end.gcode code. Am I missing something obvious?

3) When I open up the Slic3r configuration window, the box is just a little too short. I can see the very tops of the 3 buttons at they bottom right hand side of the screen, but I can't see the text on each button that says what it does (I tried this on two different computers and see the same behaviour, so assume it’s a bug). However, I can see enough to click them. Can you tell me what each one does please (I guess [(OK), (something else, no idea what), (Cancel)]

BTW - I'm finally getting to grips with Repetier and like it a lot.

Thanks

Pete
Re: Questions about Repetier Integration with Slic3r
January 17, 2012 10:32AM
Flackster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've a few questions about Repetier Integration
> with Slic3r
>
> 1) It seems that it doesn’t pick up any existing
> saved Slic3r configurations (i.e. from using
> Slic3r standalone). Is there any way to get it to
> do so (e.g. change some path name somewhere)?

Repetier calls slic3r over the command line with all configurations taken form the Host-Slic3r configuration. It has all options from Slic3r so no need for seperate Slic3r configs. In some future version I want to add external slic3r which will need the slic3r configs instead.

You can add multiple slic3r configs in Repetier-Host!

> 2) I can't see how to get it to pick up start and
> end.gcode code. Am I missing something obvious?

There is real need for different start/end codes for skeinforge and slic3r. For each printer configuration in Repetier-Host you have your own start/end code. Just go to the G-Code editor and select prepend (start code) and append (end code). If you click on the save symbol for the codes, they are stored into the printer configuration. Running a job always adds these two codes to the print job.

> 3) When I open up the Slic3r configuration window,
> the box is just a little too short. I can see the
> very tops of the 3 buttons at they bottom right
> hand side of the screen, but I can't see the text
> on each button that says what it does (I tried
> this on two different computers and see the same
> behaviour, so assume it’s a bug). However, I can
> see enough to click them. Can you tell me what
> each one does please (I guess [(OK), (something
> else, no idea what), (Cancel)]
>
I made some changes to get it working with high DPI settings, which created this error. Will be fixed in the next version.

The Buttons are OK, Apply and Cancel

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login