Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V 34 visualisation

Posted by nb99 
V 34 visualisation
January 22, 2012 05:56AM
Thanks for the updates smiling smiley

When using the virtual printer, it still Disables addition filament drawing - it would be good to get full visualisation

cheers
nb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2012 03:42PM by nb99.
Re: V 34 visualisation
January 22, 2012 06:14AM
What did you mean with "it still Disables addition filament drawing". Did you mean the frame rate dropped, so it disabled further visualization? If I don't stop it, the program will get slower and slower until it may become unusable. The idea behind this is to prevent it, so at least the print can continue without problems.

If you need full visualization you can still use the G_Code editor preview which is exactly the same as the fully printed modell.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 24, 2012 03:50PM
>>The idea behind this is to prevent it, so at least the print can continue without problems.

I was only referring to visualisation when printing to the Virtual Printer - not to the physical printer.

My request for the virtual printer was so that one could graphically observe the way the filament is being laid down on each layer - to better understand how the slicer is doing some things... (without having to run the physical printer - even as a Dry Run)

At the moment the virtual printer is so fast, you can't follow the filament progress - it would be good to have a delay (maybe a "speed" value)
January 25, 2012 02:56AM
I'll see if I can use the baudrate to limit the speed. I can still use the highest setting for unthrottled speed.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login