Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linux host issue

Posted by Sublime 
Linux host issue
January 24, 2012 05:59PM
Great work on the host so far. Love the fact you can have both slic3r and Skeinforge.

But when trying to run it on Mint 12 ( Linux kernel 3.0.0-14 and Gnome 3.2.1) I get a really bad crash. After slicing and when trying to view the paths I only get one movement (zoom, rotate, etc) before it causes what I assume is a opengl crash which renders the screen a mess and no longer allows any control over the computer. I then have to hard reboot the system.

It is possible the issue may be with my video card.

Vendor : X.Org R300 Project
Renderer : Gallium 0.4 on ATI RS480
Version : 2.1 Mesa 7.11
Direct Rendering : Yes

I also have an issue running Blender with openGL but that seems to be a Blender issue that the have dealt with by including a script that starts it with software based renderer. Is this something you could include?

P.s. I love the interface to Slic3r's settings.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Linux host issue
January 24, 2012 09:29PM
It turns out if I set filament visualization to simple I can use it. Although it does defeat one of the nicest parts of your program.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 25, 2012 03:54AM
Are you using the latest 0.34 version? Version 0.33 had a bad error in opengl drawing due to some rounding errors causing invalid number on some computers. Maybe that was the cause of your error?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 25, 2012 04:10AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login