Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EEPROM data and dump area moves

Posted by P4LIL 
EEPROM data and dump area moves
February 07, 2012 05:37PM
These are not linked.
Is there a way to save the EEPROM data from within host and redownloading it when the firmware is updated?
Also I like the fact there is a dump area, which I use, but could the move be direct to the point in x,y and z, or the Order of movement changed so the nozzle raises up first. Since, as it is now after homing all axis the z is on the bed, and if you don't remember to lift z it drags it straight across the bed ( and anything that is in the way ) to the dump area then raises z.

Paul
Re: EEPROM data and dump area moves
February 08, 2012 12:13PM
EEPROM

The EEPROM data is only overwritten, if you have changed EEPROM_MODE to a different value. So normally updating the firmware doesn't change the EEPROM values.
You can enter M205 which outputs all current values to the log, but there is way to upload them back. Might be a nice addition for later versions.

Z-Lift

I don't think changing the order for the go dump area is a good idea. What you describe sounds like you did some test moves after homing which is not the normal print procedure. The normal procedure is
-print
-move to x/y dispose so no blobs go on the print. Thats why I do the x/y move first! In this stage no objects are in the way - everything printed is lower then nozzle height.
-increase z if wanted.

If you want a z-lift bevor homing for every print add the following to the "Append" G-Code:

G91
G1 Z1
G90

This lifts your head 1 miilimeter after the print is finished but before homing to dispose area.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 08, 2012 01:43PM
Ok I will try that, it's my method of starting the machine that is the problem. I power it up home all axis then forget to raise z and send it to the dump area with normally some hard plastic sticking out of the nozzle. Just got to remember to raise z. After the print it works well.
I didn't realise that the EEPROM was unchanged during update.
Thanks
Paul
February 08, 2012 01:50PM
In the future I will add user defined scripts.

Then you can write your personal init script and run that instead of homing.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login