Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host 035 version problem

Posted by robotmar 
Repetier-Host 035 version problem
February 20, 2012 01:34PM
Hi

Congratulations for the wonderful program.

I have some problem...

1) Because the program save the configuration on registry, on Italian Windows XP operating System the program do not works.
I read all the specifications for the installation and I installed all the required files, but nothing to do.
I also tried to manually enter the missing registry entries, but nothing to do.
If required (in private) I can provide an iso image of S. O. in Italian in order to test.
I also have other PCs with XP in English and everything is working perfectly.

2) Using Slic3r with Mach3, I use the function to change the drive letter from E to A, with the new version of Repetier-Host (035), on the configuration I can not find this possibility.
Is it possible to implement in Repetier-Host the possibility of reading the Slic3r configuration file (config.ini)?

3) In the forum on "Repetier-Host announcements" I see:
* You can add an external post slice postprocessor, which is run after each slice.
but can not find a description of how to....
There are also other new commands, such as?

Andrea
Re: Repetier-Host 035 version problem
February 20, 2012 02:07PM
robotmar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
>
> Congratulations for the wonderful program.

Thank you.

> I have some problem...
>
> 1) Because the program save the configuration on
> registry, on Italian Windows XP operating System
> the program do not works.
> I read all the specifications for the installation
> and I installed all the required files, but
> nothing to do.
> I also tried to manually enter the missing
> registry entries, but nothing to do.
> If required (in private) I can provide an iso
> image of S. O. in Italian in order to test.
> I also have other PCs with XP in English and
> everything is working perfectly.

I think i have eliminated the problem. Please try the new windows installer on github. Have changed the starting registry path from Software to SOFTWARE, which seems to be the universal name, which is translated into the localized version. Let me know if it works.

> 2) Using Slic3r with Mach3, I use the function to
> change the drive letter from E to A, with the new
> version of Repetier-Host (035), on the
> configuration I can not find this possibility.
> Is it possible to implement in Repetier-Host the
> possibility of reading the Slic3r configuration
> file (config.ini)?

It is planned but currently Sclic3r is called with all parameters on commandline. These are stored in the registry.

> 3) In the forum on "Repetier-Host announcements" I
> see:
> * You can add an external post slice
> postprocessor, which is run after each slice.
> but can not find a description of how to....

In printer settings you now have an "Advanced" tab. There you can set the program with parameters. A short description on that page describes how to set the file names for input and output.
This program is called after slicing and before loading the result into the editor.

> There are also other new commands, such as?

only @isathome which is described in the host wiki.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 21, 2012 04:51AM
Hi

The new version do not work on Italian XP...

On attachment (Error_IT.zip) you can see the Windows XP error and the registry that is empty....

I have test also on Windows 7 pro 64 bit "English", all OK...

On Windows registry, where is the key for the function for Slic3r to change the drive letter from E to A?

On 2th attachment (My-Xp-EN.zip) there is my XP English registry example.

Andrea
Attachments:
open | download - Error_IT.zip (15.7 KB)
open | download - My-Xp-EN.zip (1.8 KB)
February 21, 2012 08:27AM
Hi

I also attach a zip file with:
Slic3r ini file (Config.ini)
Test STL file (Quadrato.stl)
Test Cnc file (Quadrato.cnc)

I hope it can serve to help me solve my problems...

Andrea
Attachments:
open | download - Quadrato.zip (4.4 KB)
February 21, 2012 11:08AM
With your Windows XP - The registry is at the same point where other os have it's registry. Is it possible that the program crashes before it could write the registry? It is important to have Service Pack 1 for .NET 3.5 installed. If you install .NET 4 this should also be included. Without the service pack you get the same error (ok I think it was the same error, can't remember these error codes).

The thing with the drive letter I don't undersand and also what Mach3 has to with it. Slic3r is part of Repetier-Host and included, so no path needs to be set. If you select slic3r as slicer, the included version is used with the slic3r configuration done in the host. No .ini is used for this.

In a later version I will add the possibility to add an external slic3r where you have to set the ini-file to use.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 22, 2012 12:27PM
Hi

I installed, as you suggested, .NET 4 with its windows update.

The same problem with the same error....

At this point will install XP in English.

A curiosity, are the only one with this problem?

> In a later version I will add the possibility to add an external slic3r where you have to set the ini-file to use.

I hope that this will be very soon, would solve a lot of my problems.

In the meantime would not be possible for you to add a registry entry to implement drive letter from E to A as I do in the ini file that I attached in previous message?

I'd like to use your wonderful interfaces for my work !!!

Andrea
February 22, 2012 12:40PM
robotmar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
>
> I installed, as you suggested, .NET 4 with its
> windows update.
>
> The same problem with the same error....
>
> At this point will install XP in English.

If you want to know why it happens install Visual Studio .NET c# (free express version is enough) and compile it from source. Then the debugger can tell you what the real problem is.
It's really easy. Open project file and press F5 and then you should see where the crash happens.

>
> A curiosity, are the only one with this problem?

The only one I know of.

> > In a later version I will add the possibility to
> add an external slic3r where you have to set the
> ini-file to use.
>
> I hope that this will be very soon, would solve a
> lot of my problems.
>
> In the meantime would not be possible for you to
> add a registry entry to implement drive letter
> from E to A as I do in the ini file that I
> attached in previous message?

You could misuse the skeinforge configuration.

1. Instead of python set path to slic3r
2. Insted of the craft plugin, you write: --load pathtoinifile
3. prepend shoudl be empty.
4. Select Skeinforge as slicer. This should call slic3r with the correct ini file defined in 2

I didn't test it but it should work.

>
> I'd like to use your wonderful interfaces for my
> work !!!

Me too, that's why I wrote it:-)

February 24, 2012 06:59AM
Hi

I did like you said.

######
You could misuse the skeinforge configuration.

1. Instead of python set path to slic3r
2. Insted of the craft plugin, you write: --load pathtoinifile
3. prepend shoudl be empty.
4. Select Skeinforge as slicer. This should call slic3r with the correct ini file defined in 2
######

but the only way to activate the skeinforge menu is as jpg SK-05, see SK-05-05, but of course give this error SK-05-05-05 (see attach file)

I did something wrong?

Please help me, solve this problem...

Andrea
Attachments:
open | download - SKTest.zip (137 KB)
February 24, 2012 08:31AM
You deleted GCode extension, so the Host can't find the resulting file. Set it to
.gcode

and it should work (at least it is the default of slic3r which is the only way working inthis case). I guess you already saw slic3r slicing output in the log.

February 24, 2012 01:13PM
Hi

I tried but it does not work sad smiley.

I just have to wait until you release the new release, hoping that contains the possibility to invoke a slic3r config.ini file ....

In the previous post you said:

I guess you already saw slic3r slicing output in the log.

Where can I find this file?

Andrea
February 24, 2012 01:30PM
With log I mean the bottom of the Host where you see output from connection etc. Perhaps you have to click on "Show log" in the toolbar to see it. The complete log is also stored in the work directory, in case you need to see older messages. This log is deleted with every start of the hist, so you will only see the latest data.

I will see, if i can add the external slic3r option this weekend. You can then use the development version until I release the final next release. I'll post where to find it, when done.

February 24, 2012 02:43PM
Hi

Very well....

I await your news.

How can I contribute to this program, it is possible for me to make a donation?

I think with this new opportunity (read the external config) also Slic3r new versions will be compatible.

Andrea
February 25, 2012 08:36AM
Ok, i've included external slic3r in the development-installer.

Download-link:
https://github.com/downloads/repetier/Repetier-Host/setupRepetierHost-Develop.exe or go to the download section in my github repository.

> How can I contribute to this program, it is possible for me to make a donation?
You can tell me about improvements and errors.

February 27, 2012 01:46AM
robotmar
external post slice postprocessor,

What I have found about using the new filter facility ( which I requested so I could automate my Cool mechanism for Slic3r gcode thumbs up go Repetier )

After slicing, the "main" gcode file is written,
with Slic3r, if you loaded "abc.stl" using Load Gcode then the output will be "abc.gcode",
or a constant "composition.gcode" if you used Generate Gcode in the Object placements screen .

If using skeinforge, the main file is abc_export.gcode or composition_export.gcode

It now also writes the same data to another filename, always called filter.gcode
(these files all end up in the Work Directory setup in Config / Repetier Settings e.g. "w:\workfolder")

Finally, if enabled, ( [] Run filter after every slice ) it calls the filter program nominated in
Config / Printer settings / Advanced : Filter path and parameter

The filter program can be e.g. an executable, or a .BAT file (on Windows), or a python script, etc etc.
The usual sequence for the program would be to read "filter.gcode" and overwrite "abc.gcode" or "composition.gcode".

Then when you Run the job, it takes the "abc.gcode" or "composition.gcode" and sends it to the printer.

Any text output from the filter program shows up in the log area of Repetier Host, good for a status report.

The default parameters of #in and #out pass the following to the filter program
"w:\workfolder\filter.gcode" "w:\workfolder\abc.gcode" ( or "w:\workfolder\composition.gcode" )
( note that it does include the double-quotes around the parameters, so embedded spaces in filenames will be OK.)

You can add other arbitrary parameters in the filter command, as in the example below with "-mintime 20",
or something like filterprog -i #in -o #out (the #in and #out can be anywhere in the parameters)
added parameters are passed to the filter program "as-is".

Executables on the windows PATH do not need the path included in the command,
but the python command does need the full path on the .py script, for the python runtime to find it.

For a python script, a typical filter command could be
python w:\py_scripts\be_cool.py #in #out -mintime 20

If you aren't using the filter - well, the one workfile "filter.gcode" is overwritten every time and is a trivial amount of space, no problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2012 02:23AM by nb99.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login